Friday, July 20

Weekend Warriors and possible draft dodgers


Again not realizing that it actually takes work to maintain a blog I realized I have been MIA from this virtual world. Sometimes I feel like LIFE slips me roofies and I wake up groggy and not sure if I had unprotected sex. (Which I know didn't happen because living together actually lowers the mating rituals)
Well almost two months later we moved into our new place and managed to redo the electrical, paint the inside and out and buy new furniture. HGTV should really put up a disclaimer of how much actual time it takes to maintain a home. Its shocking to realize that you can't build a deck in 30 minutes much less hang a curtain...I mean they do it! Ah..the magic of television. I have been obsessive about applying for HGTV, InStyle, and DIY apparently I am not interesting enough to deserve a make over.
Moving in together and buying a house really ups the anti in the relationship navigation game. Praise to the gods that this time around it was much smoother. No more two hour debates about the type of shower curtains at Target on a Weds night. Now its cutting shelf boards at Home Depot on a Saturday night at 9:30. Romantic...
I think we found our yin and yang together. I am the starter and he is the closer. (Notice the baseball references) We are living relatively box free and even managed to host my mother's birthday party at our home. We also realized that most of our furniture is not child friendly. (Jordan's little footprints are still on our white leather couch. Much to Mike's chagrin) Of course we can't leave you hanging...the big announcement is that...oops ran out of space.

No comments:

The Intrigue

The Intrigue
The Investigation Continues...